What to expect
- What should I wear? Our desire is that you would feel comfortable in wearing what makes you feel comfortable. We dress casual and everyone is welcome.
- What about children and youth? From Nursery to 12th grade, classes are available on Sunday and Wednesday at the services for your family. On the first Sunday of the month only, 1st-5th grades stay in the service and a teacher will give a lesson in the sanctuary where all the children can participate to hear. Youth and Junior High classes meet on Wednesday and one Sunday a month. All classes are dismissed to their rooms after the worship is over. For further info concerning the groups, please check out the tabs on the website.
- How do I register my child? (ages nursery to 5th grade) Please stop by our Children's Registration table to fill out the proper paperwork. Our goal is to keep a safe environment for your child and we gladly welcome your cooperation to list allergies, and medical conditions, any custody situations and who should or should not pick-up your child. Also, to give you peace of mind, the teachers and volunteers of DWC are given a background screening and references are checked.
- What happens in a service? During our church service, we let the Holy Spirit have His way. Each time we gather, it is very unique. It is quite common for prophecies, songs of the Lord, words of knowledge, healings and miracles to happen as God's presence drops in the room. Our worship is modern and we use current Christian music as well as our own songs. The preaching and teachings are given by one of our lead pastors or others in the congregation who are called to preach, teach or prophesy. At every service, we give people an opportunity to receive prayer and ministry.
During the years 1997 to 1999, there was a group in Bakersfield who were praying for an apostolic/prophetic church to be established in the city. They believe in the saints being activated and equipped to do the work of the ministry with signs and wonders following. Larry and Marla Black were asked through another ministry if they would be interested in pioneering this new work. During this time, Larry & Marla were pastoring a church they planted in Greenville, Pennsylvania. Prayers began immediately for direction. As Larry prayed, he heard the Lord say, "They've asked you to come, but I need you to come." The church held it's first service on Sunday, October 17, 1999.
The first location of the church was on Mohawk and in 2002 the church moved to 4450 Stine Road, it's current location.
In 2017, DWC celebrated 18 years of ministry. The future looks bright as DWC continues to train, equip and restore people and we give Jesus all the glory!
DWC is in association with BARNABAS ALLIANCE, Apostle Daryl O'Neil, Chicago, Illinois
What we believe
- We believe the Bible is divinely inspired by God. It is faultless and it is the sole and final authority for all matters of our lives. (2 Tim. 3:16, Heb. 4:12, 2 Peter 1:21)
- We believe in the eternal Godhead who has revealed Himself as one God existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19, 2 Cor. 13:14).
- We believe that man by nature is sinful and unholy. He is unable to attain God's righteousness apart from regeneration through the Lord Jesus Christ (Rom. 5:8-10).
- We believe that Man was created good and upright, for God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness.” But, man by voluntary transgression, fell, and his only hope of redemption is in Jesus Christ the Son of God. (Genesis 1:26-31; 3:1-7; Romans 5:12-21).
- We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the savior of all men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary. He is totally God and yet, totally man. (Luke 1:26-35, John 1:14-18, Isaiah 7:14, 9:6-7).
- We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the savior of all men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary. He is totally God and yet, totally man. (Luke 1:26-35, John 1:14-18, Isaiah 7:14, 9:6,7).
- We believe Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again on the third day. (I Cor. 15:1-4).
- We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the work of the Cross.(Ephes. 2:8-9, Heb.9:12,22).
- We believe in the baptism of total immersion, in the name of the eternal Godhead, is necessary in order to fulfill the command of our Lord Jesus Christ (Matt. 28:19, Acts 2:38, 19:1-6).
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as a real experience at or after salvation. Believers can then speak in tongues as the Spirit gives them utterance. (Acts 2:1-4, 8:14-17, 10:44-46).
- We believe in the operation of the gifts and ministries of the Spirit that are listed in 1 Cor. 12-14 and Ephesians 4.
- We believe in the Spirit-filled life, a life of separation from the world and holiness in the fear of God (Ephes. 5:18, 2 Cor. 6:14, 7:1).
- We believe that miraculous physical healing and deliverance in the name of Jesus is still for us today (Mark 16:17, Acts 4:30, Rom 8:11, 1 Cor. 12:9, James 5:14).
- We believe in the taking of Communion, or the Lord's Supper, for all born-again believers (Matt. 26:26-28, 1 Cor. 11:28-32).
- We believe that the devil is a real spiritual being who will eventually be judged with his angels and cast into the Lake of Fire (Matt 25:41, Rev. 20:14-15).
- We believe in eternal life for believers (John 3:16, 5:24) and eternal punishment of the unbelievers (Mark 9:43-48, 2 Thess. 1:9, Rev. 20:10-15).
- We believe that there is one true Church that is made up of genuine believers with Jesus as the head. However, this one Church is composed of many local churches in different localities (Matt. 16:18, Acts 9:31, Ephesians 5:23).
- We believe in the operation of the five-fold offices of the Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Teacher and Pastor. (Ephesians 4:11)
- We believe the saints (born-again believers) will operate in faith, having the ability to hear the voice of God, will use their talents and giftings to be a blessing to the world. (Ephesians 4:11-12)
- We believe that God calls men and women to serve in the 5-fold ministry and specifically endues the one called with the talents and abilities particular to that office of ministry. Under no circumstances should anyone be set apart to ministry unless the calling is distinct, evident and confirmed by the presbytery. (Ephesians 2:19-22)
- We believe in tithing, recognizing that tithing existed before the Law, during the Law, and after the Law. Jesus himself commanded the tithe. The writer of Hebrews establishes the tithe as a New Testament practice. Tithing is representative of our personal commitment to the Lord and is a reflection of our covenant with Him. (Genesis 14:18-20; Malachi 3:10; Matthew 23:23; Hebrews 7:8)
- We believe in total prosperity. Spiritual. III John 2; II Corinthians 5:17-21; Mental. II Timothy 1:7; Romans 12:2; Isaiah 26:3; Physical. Isaiah 53:4; Matthew 8:16; I Peter 2:24; Financial. Malachi 3:10-11; Luke 6:38; II Corinthians 9:6-5; Deuteronomy 28:1-14; Social. Proverbs 3:4; Luke 2:52; Esther 2:15
- We believe that the only spiritually legitimate marriage is the joining of one man and one woman and has been instituted by God. This church defines “marriage” as the exclusive covenantal union of a man and woman in which such union is a lifetime commitment. A civil government’s sanction of any union will be recognized as a spiritually legitimate marriage by the church only to the extent that it is consistent with the definition of “marriage” found in scripture. (Genesis 2:24; Romans 7:2; I Corinthians 7:10; Ephesians 5:22-23)
- We believe that legitimate sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage. Hence, sexual relations outside of marriage including but not limited to, adultery, premarital sex, homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, and pedophilia are inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible and the Church. Further, lascivious conduct, transgender behavior, and the creation, distribution or viewing of pornography, are incompatible with the biblical witness.(Genesis 2:24; Genesis 19:5, 13; Genesis 26:8-9; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:26-29; I Corinthians 5:1, 6:9; I Thessalonians 4:1-8; Heb. 13:4)
- We believe in the bodily ascension of Jesus to heaven and that He is coming again a second time for His Church. (John 14:2-3, 1 Thess. 4:13-18, Heb. 9:28)
- We believe the Scriptures promise the return of our Lord Jesus Christ with His saints from Heaven to rule and reign for one thousand years on earth (II Thessalonians 1:7; Revelation 19:11-16; 20:1-6). After this, there shall be a new heaven and a new earth. (Revelation 21).